A friend sent me this and I filled it out and sent it back to him, but rather than forward it to people I thought I would post it here for your amusement.
Here goes …
A) Four jobs I have had in my life:
- a licensed vocational nurse
- a church secretary
- a Baskin Robbins ice cream scooper
- an alternative weekly newspaper publisher
B) Four movies I would watch over and over:
- Bagdad Café
- Benny & Joon
- Sordid Lives
- Kinky Boots
C) Four places I have lived:
- The East Village, New York City
- Ponce, Puerto Rico
- Burlington, Vermont
- San Francisco, CA
D) Four TV Shows that I watch:
- Bill Moyers Journal
- Boston Legal
- Brothers & Sisters
- Six Feet Under
E) Four places I have been:
- Devon, UK – actually the town of Totnes in Devon, where my dad went to high school at Dartington Hall
- Montreal, Canada (for a Joe Cocker concert!)
- Tupelo, Mississippi (Alec was born there. So was Elvis. Alec’s sister Linda went to school with him in the 4th grade.)
- Mount Saint Helens, Washington
F) People who e-mail me (regularly): (besides my spammers?)
G) Four of my favorite foods:
- ice cream
- cheese cake
H) Four places I would rather be right now:
- San Francisco to see Steve and Jimmy in The Big Voice: God or Merman (opening tonite!)
- The Staten Island Ferry, New York City
- Camp Midvale, New Jersey – our family camp when I was a kid, and the place where my dad died
- the Grand Canyon (huh?)
I) Four friends I think will respond:
- I’m not sending it to anyone but Tom who sent it to me.
- But I’ll post it on my blog
- in case anyone is interested in these answers
- Who knows?!
J) Things I am looking forward to this year:
- Catching up on email and work stuff
- Finally having health insurance!
- Finishing the kitchen remodel
- Alec finding an agent and selling his novels to a publisher
Love, Gabi — Pride Foundation’s Raffle With a Twist is happening! They’ll be giving away $7,500 to nonprofit organizations in Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon and Washington on September 14th.
You can enter even if you live outside the states served by the Pride Foundation.
Entering is FREE and QUICK: go to the Pride Foundation website and name your favorite nonprofit (Safe Schools Coalition) to win one of their prizes. The more often the Coalition is named, the more likely it is that we will win one of these prizes. The last day to enter is September 7, 2007. It’s so easy! Thank you!
1 thought on “Some things that you may or may not have known about me”
Hi Gabi, I didn’t know you’d been to Totnes. I went there during a holiday in Devon years ago, we were staying in Salcombe, another beautiful part of Devon. Interesting answers to the questionnaire, I might post it on myspace with my answers. 🙂 E